Thursday, March 29, 2007

Okay, first, I didn't knit that bag. Mine is still in progress. Rachel, I'll have to copy it and mail it, because the magazine issue the pattern was in is very hard to find now. Apparently that bag was extremely popular. It's hard though, because it's INTARSIA. Doesn't that sound like a disease? "Oh, I can't come in to work today. I have...intarsia."

Sadly, I have no one to have intarsia with anymore, because damned Sonia has abandoned me for Australia. It's totally unfair, and it made me feel very small deleting her number from my cellphone. Stupid Damion. Actually, I curse Damion twice because whenever he visits, he brings three tubs of ice cream, all of which I eat singlehandedly in front of the computer. If my ski pants don't fit this weekend, I'm totally mailing him Krispy Kreme until his suspension gives out. Oh, and that ginger sesame brittle from haagen dazs...I'm divorcing Simons for it. God, so delish.

Speaking of Simons, does anyone else ever have problems with their spouses' method of "helping?" On Sunday morning, I asked him to please help with the pre-dinner-party cook and clean, and then he went surfing for three hours. When he got back, I requested that he take out the trash and make room in the kitchen while I went to the Whole Foods, a miserable 18-block walk (round trip). When I returned, like a laden pack mule, he was outside cutting wood for the new kitchen shelf he'd designed in my absence. So I cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, cleaned out the fridge, took out the trash and recycling my own damned self. After this, I denied him goat cheese and things got ugly.

We're off to Reno this weekend, hurrah! I don't know that I'll be up for much skiing, but it will be so lovely to watch Beuls romping around in the snow...in her super lame booties. I'm mean like that.

5 comments:

The Sorority said...

It is in the boy gene - they don't really listen half the time and when they do, what they hear is 'wa wa wa wa' (said like the teacher on Peanuts). My lovely shiny new husband will often say "Sure babe, I will help you in a minute" and then 2 hours later will ask what it is that I needed help with. And my response is IT IS DONE! And then I want to beat him!!!! However he buys me wine and that makes me forgive him.

Diane

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried knitting intarsia yet. How's it going? At least any possible mess ups will come out when you felt it.

Have fun in Reno!!

Rachel

Pink Herring said...

Intarsia sounds like a much nicer disease than TAPEWORMS.

I have lots and lots of problems with Joel's idea of "helping". I've blogged about them before, and he got mad about my airing our relationship problems for all the internets to see, so I'm probably going to avoid that topic in the future, but OH MY GOD. It's been our biggest fight since we moved in together. He once told me "But you like cleaning"... NO. I do NOT like cleaning. But I do like living in a clean house. There is a difference!

I would sort of kill to have his idea to of helping to be designing shelves and such... his current idea of helping it to get out all of the stuff for a project, start to do it, and then get distracted and play Xbox instead. Then I end up putting away the mop myself and finishing the half-assed job he did.

It's a good thing he's cute.

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I love being a single mom and living alone with my children. I'm never disappointed that I didnt clean up my own stuff...

Something about walking 18 blocks to Whole Foods and back seems to go hand in hand...get a workout, buy healthy food, etc.

I am curious if your Whole Foods carries Alpine Ice...a friend of mine in Marblehead, MA creatd it and they are in Whole Foods here on the East Coast.

Marcheline said...

I love you. I really do. You're just that cool.

- M