Friday, November 17, 2006

Nob Hill sucks...

...for running.

After sitting in front of my computer all day yesterday, I finally grew disgusted enough with myself to put on my running shoes and leave the house. I mean, REALLY, how many days can I chastise myself for not being healthier before doing something about it? Apparently a lot. But my GOD, THE HILLS! I made it up about six of them before I had to walk at this park at Larkin and Lombard streets. So many stairs... I think I scared an old Asian lady running up behind her with all of my heavy breathing.

Anyway, I trotted down Polk Street and around on Hyde, and discovered that the tiny bistro right around the corner was celebrating the Beaujolais Nouveau with live music and French decor and heavenly smells. So after going home and torturing myself with a full ten minutes of my core fitness DVD (no worries about it getting scratched in the move, since it had NEVER BEEN OPENED), Dog and I went to meet Simons at the cablecar and demanded some wine and bistro food.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I actually took a shower, put on makeup and nice shoes! No sweatpants, I swear! And there was the cutest old geezer with his beret and accordion, and straw on the floor, a funny waiter, and the wine wasn't too bad either. I had the caramelized onion tart with a tiny bitter green salad and then the duck confit with tiny potatoes and shittake mushrooms. We haven't really been out in so long, and it was definitely worth it. Plus, we've discovered they have serious specials before seven.

So it's almost thanksgiving, which means a) my friend the lacto pescetarian is coming to visit, so I need to get a tofurkey, and b) I am running out of time for my wedding thank you notes. God, I'm the worst bride ever. It's been six months and I've barely started. So today and this weekend, I plan to write so many, my hand claws up. Do you think people will forgive me?

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I never sent out my bridal thank you cards. Seriously. My MIL was pissed.

Jen said...

You could tell people you have carpal tunnel syndrome. I'm using that as my excuse for everything at the moment. I can't exercise! My wrist hurts. I can't answer your email! My wrist hurts. I can't call you back! My wrist hurts.

But I can read blogs and write comments... shhh...

roo said...

You know, I don't know if I'd seen the phrase "lacto-pescaterian" before. It was funny-- I looked at the word, and I thought about what it meant, and then I thought, "Hey! That's what I am! There's a fancy word for it!"

Jemima said...

Well, Roo, ACTUALLY (said in a know it all type voice), she's a lacto ovo pescetarian...but that was too long to type. She eats eggs too. I guess she just won't eat anything with four legs.

roo said...

Hey! Hey! I love eggs! Just not chicken!

Katherine said...

Hi, we are neighbors! I live on Russian Hill and I found your blog by way of Holly's. Email me if you'd like-we could meet for a run, coffee or wander down to the Ferry Bldg Farmer's Market. Welcome to San Francisco!
Katherine

Suz said...

Holy moly, I'm a lacto ovo pescetarian too! (does that include shrimp, scallops and oysters? i hope so)