Thursday, November 02, 2006

Fo shizzle

Okay, so I got the job.

NICE! Can you say "steady paycheck" anyone? The cool thing about this job, beyond its being easy peasy, is that I'm done with it by 10 am, and have the rest of the day to explore Sweet Juniper's Top Nine Things to Do in San Francisco, pitch articles, contemplate my first
novel, cook sumptuous meals for Simons, hang out with all the friends who will visit...

It's awesome.

So this is not something that is going to shine on my resume, by any stretch, but I'm still awfully psyched about it.

Also, I promised camping photos. I'll get on that tomorrow.

7 comments:

Wordnerd said...

Yay for you!!!! Woo hoo! Congrats! Oh, and while simmering sumptuous suppers for Simons (how's that for alliteration, huh?), check ahead of time to see if he likes wine in his food!!!

CharlestonGirl said...

Excellent! Congrats on the first of many new jobs!

jen said...

Wait... the job that you had the bad phone interview? WAY TO GO!! I'm all for easy jobs... done by 10am? Steady paycheck? Sounds perfecto.

CONGRATS!

barbie2be said...

Yippee! that must be a huge load off your mind.

Stepping Over the Junk said...

AWESOME!!! Must give a certain sense of freedom...you can probably travel and still work from a computer, eh? Good job, congrats!

Marcheline said...

Okay, tell me again, what kind of job is it that you can get a decent paycheck for and be done by ten in the bloody effing morning?!?!?!?

I mean, like, spell it out for me here - what the HELL kind of job is that, and where the HELL do I get one?

DeNile said...

I have a friend in NYC that has poured his heart, soul, and kidneys into writing for over 6 years with the only result being his resolve to leave NYC and never have an agent, so I think you are doing fab - remember to always think about the positives.