Saturday, October 21, 2006

Saving the World...

...one runner at a time.





I'm off this morning to volunteer for Team In Training, at the Nike Women's Marathon. If you've ever wanted to run a marathon (it was on my list of things to do before I die), TNT will train you, coach you, map out your goals, show you how to eat, lift weights, stretch, which shoes to buy, etc. In return, you raise between $1500 and $4000 or so for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It's a pretty awesome program, and when I did my marathon last year, you wouldn't have believed how many runners were wearing a purple TNT shirt OR how many people on the sidelines were waving purple TNT signs and ringing bells and cheering us on. So many people affected by these cancers. So many people doing something about it. If you want to do something about it too, come on by the tent! Or see if there's a LLS office in your town.

3 comments:

Horrible Warning said...

You rock...it is such a worthy cause. Also? 8.5 miles damn near killed me this morning. I bow to your marthony prowess.

I hear you get Tiffany for doing the Nike...I for one expect pictures.

Wordnerd said...

Awesome! What a great thing you are doing! I'm with ya ... in spirit!

barbie2be said...

hey, i did the L&L Light the night walk on Saturday night. :) Not for TNT though...