Thursday, October 19, 2006

Making a Stand...a Really Weak Stand...Maybe...Ok, Probably Not

Well, let's not get too carried away. My ancestors were Jewish right up through my grandfather, but I'm Episcopalian. So I'm a little honky Protestant myself. But I almost feel like that makes me more responsible for not carrying on the archaic, bigoted tradition.

But a little part of me really wants to go.

YOU SEE? THIS is how the Germans got away with persecution. Everyone wanted to go to their little SS parties and rallies and book burnings and such and no one put their foot down and said, "NO! I'LL BE DAMNED IF I WILL!

Now you see I'm going to hell for sort of making humor out of something that is not at all funny, for wanting to go to the goddamned ball AND for putting on airs about being able to change the world.

But my wedding dress is so pretty.

And my nieces, my nieces are so cute. Really. If you think you can stand it, behold, THE CUTENESS! Gird yourself.



1 comment:

Wordnerd said...

Ok -- I'm really late to the party but I have good reason, so lemme put in my two cents: GO! True, the old guard has some antiquated ideals, but omg the cuteness of the two nieces!!! A trip to see them? And to dance around in your awesome dress? And make the in-laws proud? I think the good outweighs the bad! Go! Enjoy!