Monday, October 30, 2006

awful

I'm having an awful day.

Blew a telephone interview for what would have been the easiest damned freelance job EVER. The dog was vomiting in the background. My landlord was outside mashing door buzzers because he forgot his keys. I was sore and tired and out of it and made not a lick of sense. And before anyone says, "There, there, I'm sure it wasn't THAT bad, Jemima," let me just say that I've ALREADY gotten the "Thanks but no thanks" email from the woman.

Gah!

The dog won't quit hurling, under the desk, in the kitchen, all over the living room rug. So she probably has giardia and is dying and we can't afford to take her to the vet here, who probably needs a Rolls Royce payment or another case of Dom Perignon.

I want to cry, but I'm too tired and my head already hurts.

So I'm going to write a mock up newsletter for the interview that I blew, and maybe see if they'll give me another shot.

And I did send a cover letter for another freelance job, this one regarding food editing and writing (please, God, are you there?). So if you have some intelligent vibes or just good thoughts, send them my way...

Trust me. I need them.

7 comments:

Marcheline said...

Sorry you feel like crap.

I put in 3/4 of a brick patio today.

All by myself.

Carried 8 railroad ties, unrolled over 200 feet of landscaping cloth, shoveled & carted 2 yards of sand, malleted in 20 four-foot-long rebar rods.

I may never walk again. At least, not tomorrow.

*ow*

I can so relate to not feeling exactly chipper...

- M

kenju said...

Jemima, in spite of it all - you are funny! Where you been all my blogging life?

Wordnerd said...

So sorry. Here's hoping you get another shot at it with the newsletter. I think something good is headed your way -- chin up, girl!

Jen said...

I know the "I want to cry but I'm too tired" feeling well. :(

Nothing But Bonfires said...

Is that the job I forwarded you from Craigslist? Because I think something would be wrong with the universe and the moon and the stars if you didn't get it. Should I write them a letter and tell them how many amazing meals you've made me and how THAT ALONE means you should totally get the job? Even if their company has the most ridiculous name ever and if I had to call you there, I'd probably snort with laughter when they picked up the phone?

barbie2be said...

i hope you have better luck with the food editor interview thing.

take yourself a nice long hot bath, with a great big mug of hot, sweet, black coffee. it will make you feel better. and better still, pour in a shot or two of bourbon! ;)

Jemima said...

Marcheline: DAMN, GIRL!

Kenju: I'm so jealous of your Rome trip, I can't see straight.

Wordnerd: I hope so too. Sent them a mockup, and maybe they'll reconsider.

Holls: No, the screwup was for a lousy newsletter that would pay rent but not be particularly fun. The job posting you sent would be amazing, and I sent them a kickass cover letter, if I do say so myself.

Barbie: mmmm...bourbon