Monday, August 28, 2006

Tired blogging

My that last post was bad. My apologies. Rescuing rodents really took it out of me.

I was just commenting on Barbie2Be's blog, who just finished what i assume was a blind date or an internet date. Either way, she's way braver than I am. Sadly, she said there was no chemistry but wouldn't discount him as a friend. I said, "I wouldn't know. Almost every guy I ever dated started out as a friend with no chemistry and eventually grew on me...much like mold. But you know, mold can be good. Take penicillin, for instance. The date could also have been 'meh' because it was a breakfast meeting. I NEVER feel sexy at breakfast."

And that's pretty true. No matter how awesome the date, how romantic the scenery, no matter how thick the concealer, it's never enough to disguise the fact that morning is a blight on the human psyche. Even yesterday, as I made Simons his farewell breakfast in a cute nightie (you know, something to remember me by), all I could think about was that the goddamn bacon was spattering on my silk teddy. And you know, bacon grease just ain't sexy.

Who's with me?

6 comments:

Marcheline said...

And I thought you were a Southern Girl.....

It depends WHERE the bacon grease IS!

- M

Matt said...

Mmmm... bacon...

barbie2be said...

matt took the words right out of my mouth! ;)

m said...

AND silk...

roo said...

Reminds me of my favorite Beatles tune:
Isn't it good,
His morning wood...

Kelly Love said...

Yes, I know men who think bacon grease is sexy...on nightie, not on nightie. What is not sexy are spatter burns.