Thursday, April 27, 2006

Living at Home

At seven o'clock this morning, I hear my mother calling from the first floor, "Time to get uuuuuupppp!"

Nevermind that I'd been up for an hour and a half by that point. Nevermind that I'm almost thirty years old and have been waking up at dawn all by my lonesome for the last ten. Just those four little words had the ability to turn me into a peevish teenager all over again. I wanted to slump down the stairs wearing nothing but flannel and a glower, full of angst and darkness. It took every ounce of willpower not to throw a shoe down the stairwell and shriek, "What am I? TWELVE???!!! Why can't you ever just leave me alone!?"

I think I need adult training. Do they offer that?



Good thing I didn't throw anything since she's driving us to Augusta tomorrow to pick up The Dress. Let's hope it fits, since all attempts at dieting have failed. At least all this moving and lifting is giving me totally buff arms. Really! I made about 85 trips up and down my stairs today, getting the last of my belongings: 1 wildebeest, 1 surfboard, 2 paintings, and about 81 plants. My biceps are ripped.

So I'm officially moved.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I rubbed elbows with your mom last night at an art showing. Apparently she didn't have enough wine if she was up at that hour!

She was however looking forward to your trip together very much ;)

Wordnerd said...

Good for you! Glad to have you back!

P.S. A wildebeast?

roo said...

Congrats on the move. Can you post pics of the dress, or will your fiance see it?

Marcheline said...

So glad you got packed/moved! Doesn't it give you the greatest feeling of accomplishment to get something completely icky done and overwith? Way to go!