Monday, March 13, 2006

Brand New Day

A.S. and I went over my playlist for the wedding CD this weekend and the boy HATES Van Morrison. I just stood there blinking, because granted, a lot of his songs are overplayed, but still, who hates "Starting a New Life?" It's okay though, because if he thinks any Zappa's going on this thing, he's in for a rude awakening.

He did like Neko Case and all the Wilco and Ryan Adams and Iris Dement. He refuses to let me add the John Prine song I want though. Hmph.

I've just dragged The Dog on a four mile run, and hopefully now she's too tired to take a bite at me when I trim her dreadlocks. And of course, I don't have to take her on a morning walk, which means I have an extra 30 minutes to sit and drink coffee. Ah, Peet, will you marry me?

In other news, since it's 85 degrees around these here parts nowadays, we'll be experiencing some blooming: azaleas, magnolias, and the flying Periplaneta americana. What is that, you ask?

Ah, tender roachling, how I have not missed your ominous scuttling, your menacing wing flapping, your subtle, yet shocking appearance in every dark corner of the house. This year, thanks to The Dog, everything I own that resembles food is tightly encased in plastic and all crumbs have been cleared away. So come if you will (you always do), much luck may it do you. I know it doesn't hurt if I cut off your head, but perhaps you can feel it when you starve.

On The Dog note (not biting)...nope, didn't work. I did get half a dread off. She's very protective of her Rastafarianism.

3 comments:

Wordnerd said...

Discovered your blog while reading others and clicking their links -- and clicked onto your profile. There I found that we share musical tastes (Wilco!), the same book(s) (The Little Friend), and ridiculing people (well, my profile says "pointing and laughing," but same thing, huh? Great stuff. Good luck with the wedding and getting A.S. to come around on Van Morrison!

Nothing But Bonfires said...

I found one IN MY PURSE yesterday. Could you hear me screaming from your Lesbian Goat Cheese Farm in Anderson? Yes, you could.

Marcheline said...

NBB found a rastafarian dog in her purse???

God, I'd have screamed too!