Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Memie

My friend Holly did a mild sort of meme on her site, and since she had 80 comments (What are you trading for them, Whore?) I felt like mine were extraneous at the time. So here they are now.

1) What are you reading?
I am reading Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto by Chuck Klosterman. He writes a really great criticism of romance in America with a theory he calls the “Lloyd Dobler Effect.” Here’s an excerpt:

“Whenever I meet dynamic, nonretarded Americans, I notice that they all seem to share a single unifying characteristic: the inability to experience the kind of mind-blowing, transcendent romantic relationship they perceive to be a normal part of living. And someone needs to take the fall for this. So instead of blaming no one for this (which is kind of cowardly) or blaming everyone (which is kind of meaningless), I’m going to blame John Cusack.”

2) If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably grits...with cheese. It’s good for breakfast, lunch or dinner, soaks up excess alcohol when necessary, and goes well with most foods.

3) If no-one would ever know about it and you’d feel no raging guilt or remorse—and also if you could do it without splattering blood on yourself and totally ruining your shoes—who would you remove from the planet forever?
The little piddly people who have no real effect on my life, yet still make me feel small or hostile or incredibly impotent. People who cut you off and then give YOU the finger. People who act like you’re an idiot because you didn’t understand something the first time. Rude salespeople who make you feel helpless. Those are the people I spend the most time hating.

4) What are your most favorite and most despised words?
I like P words: Pamplemousse, Pantoufles, Pantalones! I also like Protean. Sabrina’s favorite words are “necrotizing fasciitis.” Hmmm, I think “Panties” or “moist” are my two least favorite words. Obviously, used in conjunction, my head would explode and make a big smelly mess.

5) Please describe your hair.
Boring.

MemeMemeMee.....I've been tagged!

Marcheline also tagged me. However, I’ve altered her Meme just a tad to include one thing that’s just the opposite of what she’s asked.

One thing I won’t do:
1) Pass on things: a chain letter, Meme or an STD. Gossip on the other hand...

Seven things to do:
1) Write thank you notes
2) Train the dog
3) Buy a shower gift
4) Felt some knitted flowers for a very late Christmas present
5) Pitch a story
6) Interview 80 people for my dad’s memoirs
7) Get my engagement ring insured

One thing I can’t do:

1) Anything on time

Seven things I can:
1) Walk on stilts
2) Knit a scarf in a day
3) Move my eyes separately
4) Run very far
5) Make ravioli
6) Remember what I was eating at any point in my personal history
7) Go without sleep for long periods of time

One thing that attracted my mate to me:
1) A tranquilizer dart and a stout length of rope

Seven things that attract me to my mate:
1) Dimples
2) Can convert fractions IN HIS HEAD
3) Curls
4) Speaks French
5) Makes me laugh
6) Can roll pasta
7) Did I mention he has dimples?

One book I despise:
1) I Am Charlotte Simmons

Seven books I love:
1) Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
2) The Lord of the Rings
3) The Corrections
4) A Scot’s Quair
5) Jitterbug Perfume
6) The Awakening
7) The Malcontent

One thing I wish I said:
1) Sweet cracker sandwich!

One thing I wish people would stop saying:
1) Like

Seven things I say:
1) Fuck
2) Holy Jebus
3) Sweet Baby Moses
4) Ready...Okay
5) The Horror
6) I’m so tired
7) I’m so hungry

Seven movies I’ve loved:
1) The Red Violin
2) Box of Moonlight
3) Bottlerocket
4) Out of Africa
5) Bring It On
6) Bringing Up Baby
7) Lord of the Rings - all

Seven people not to tag:
1) All of them

1 comment:

Nothing But Bonfires said...

Actually, it was 90. I traded them for sour gummy worms.

And now I have to throw my goddamn "I am Charlotte Simmons" away before I've even read it, given that you think it's so awful (and you have good taste.)