Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ugh

Does South Beach get better? Because running without carbs is wearing me the fuck out. And the yoga class I went to last night was like a class field trip to Medieval Torture Land. "Come enjoy 90 minutes of ass spasms and pulled muscles. Don't forget to breathe!"

After a brisk shower and an attempted disco nap, I had to take my depressed godmother to the movies. Narnia started at 10:00, which means we got home at 1:00 this morning. It was a fantastic movie, and Lucy was so cute I wanted to eat her adorable little head. Then up again at 5:30 to meet Theresa and Alexis. Never even got to speak to A.S. yesterday, since I didn't want to call him so late/early. God, I feel hideous today, plus crampy.

At least while working from home yesterday, I got an interview done for a freelance assignment, 27 phone calls made for my dad's book, a chicken roasted, plus all my regular work done for my real job. Nice. Don't you just love working from home?

Anyway, I'm about to be late for work. Tata

4 comments:

Marcheline said...

Too bad you don't have anything to do - you're so sedentary, so unmotivated.

Biotch. (hee hee)

- M

Nothing But Bonfires said...

You're not supposed to do much exercise in Phase 1. Also, you ARE supposed to be eating carbs, just not the bread/rice/pasta kind for the first two weeks. Try beans -- any kind. Make some chili. Or hummus. Also, the tired feeling should pass after about day 3 of Phase 1, then you'll feel wonderful and energetic and not hungry for snacks. Providing you're doing it right.

Whoa, when did I become the South Beach Queen?

CharlestonGirl said...

Nothing But Bonfires has the right idea. Be careful running until you have been at it a day or two. Are you taking any supplements? You mentioned being crampy...if that is from not having enough water/potassium pay attention to the signs! If it is menstrual make sure you are taking enough protein in. And don't forget the beans! :) Good Luck! Now why can't I do that...I can tell others what to do, but not my lazy butt! LOL

Alexandrialeigh said...

I can't believe you liked that movie.

I thought it was AWFUL.

And on the other stuff...you seriously need to diet? I believe it not.