Monday, December 26, 2005

Sparkly: Short Version

Friday morning, A.S. and I decided to go for a walk in the woods at Dixie Plantation. It was a gorgeous day, warm and sunny, and my first time off since he's been in town. We tramped through the fallen leaves and watched as the dogs gamboled up the path ahead of us, frisking around merrily in the sunshine. While they went for a swim in an old rice field and bounced through the cypress knees, A.S. had his arms around me, resting his chin on top of my shoulder. And under that oak tree and sunlit sky, A.S. pulled out a red box with a diamond ring and asked me if I would marry him. And I said, "Yes."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Or as your mom said when I got engaged, he's the one that should be congratulated for having you!

*smooches*

Rachel

CharlestonGirl said...

Congratulations! Very sweet, long and short versions. Here's hoping your future is full of love, life, fun and adventure!