Thursday, May 26, 2005

Bleh

Got in a fight with my boss yesterday. That always sucks. But at least I stood up for myself (on one foot), although I'm not sure he gets that just because I'm a female doesn't mean I have to do his busywork for him. I like my job, really I do, but I miss writing full time. And I definitely miss having a good relationship with my coworkers, and one where you didn't have to worry about people passing the blame on stuff to make themselves look better. Maybe I'd forgotten how much I disliked the big corporate lifestyle. I've done it before, and although this is certainly different in a lot of ways, so much of this nitpicky BS (certain fonts for certain documents, constant meetings, buzzwords) I could do without.

Some of my neighbors came up earlier to set up the wireless connection, which should allow my entire house to surf the net at will. Sadly, even though we called in the city's biggest web geek (seriously), it didn't work. It was pretty great watching them try though, even if only the joy of having some fresh personalities in my apartment (two more days till the next doctor appointment). They're going to try again in a day or so.. the geek has to reconfigure something.

A.S. and I are going to his family's country house this weekend. I can't WAIT! Change of scenery, here I come. I'm hopeful the doctor will say I can cut off the vacuum and maybe put a bit of pressure on it. I need to ask about going out in the boat! Vibration might not be what i need right now, but the idea of getting sun and wind and light and fresh air has me so excited. Oh, and his parents are out of town. Nice. Of course, we have to take care of their dogs, but I'm actually kind of looking forward to that.

Observation: Crest White Strips really work.

1 comment:

Elysia said...

Yeah, but what does it turn the enamel on your teeth into Swiss cheese, so that the next cup of coffee or red wine you drink, you have brown or purple teeth? That's what I'm waiting to find out.... let us know, eh?