Tuesday, March 15, 2005

empty desk

Wow, I just shot my last Whole Paycheck green rubber band at LMN and my desk is cleared out and I have a box full of papers and files and my red fu dog. Wait, wait... "My bags are packed, I'm ready to go... blah,blah, oh babe, I hate to see you go... (sound of violent wretching)"

Sorry, I'm feeling a little punchy since LMN and the Bush-hating Republican took me out to lunch and force fed me beer. It was awfully jolly- you should have been there.

Anyway, as soon as we got back, The Nerve called me in to our usual story budget meeting and then there was a cake and everyone shuffled in... and I was so scared I'd have to make a speech. I knew I'd get the giggles if I tried to be earnest, and I'd look like an ungrateful asswipe. So I've copied all my personal files and favorites, wiped my harddrive, cleaned out my cookies and temp files, uninstalled things I shouldn't have, defragged my computer, and now I guess my work is done here.

So long job that I loved even though it didn't pay. Goodbye LMN, I'll miss you... until our run tomorrow. Goodbye Bush-hating Republican. I'll still read your blog if you'll still read mine. I'm sure I'll see you next week sometime anyway. Goodbye Nerve, you are a boil on the buttock of humanity and never let anyone tell you different.

Tata.

10 comments:

Alexandrialeigh said...

Well, I honestly didn't think I'd be so sad to see you shoot your last WF rubber band at me.

Hmph. I'll see you tomorrow bright and early, wench!

Kickball Superstar said...

congrats on the great escape, jem...

i'm still plotting mine...

Kelly Love said...

You sobbing bunch of sentimental wankers! I'm gone for like 8 months and you bitches go soft?

I know about the "ding dong the witch is dead" party you threw when I left, and now you're getting all emotional and "I'll miss you" and sniffly?

Ladies, please...some dignity.

Kelly Love said...

and p.s.

Did you get that pretty pink envelope with the stickers on the front and the tearstained note inside from me? It should have come today. Make LMN check the mail for you if it didn't.

Kisses, beeyatches!

Jemima said...

What?! What pretty pink envelope?! I want answers!!!

Jemima said...

And Alexandrialeigh, nice work stealing my chair before the sea even cooled. Beyatch!

Bathroom Reading said...

Can we all agree, please, not to use the word --- or any variation thereof --- "beyotch?" Please? For the love of all that's holy, please?

Kelly Love said...

Can I just say, straight up, bitch? As in "I'm gone for 8 months and you bitches go soft?"

Elysia said...

Way to go , J!!! I can't wait to see what adventures you get embroiled in next...... or should I say, "what new beeeeyotches you work with next"? Personally, I love the word. My sister started using it first in our family (the fad queen) and she always spelled it "biotch". But I can be flexible, see? 8-) Write on, dudettes.

Alexandrialeigh said...

J: I've got your pink envelope, I'll give it to you tomorrow. And yes, let's please go running tomorrow, unless I'm too hungover to make it. I'm going out after dinner, yes ma'am!