Friday, February 11, 2005

Quelle Nightmare

I nearly quit on today. In fact, I haven’t ruled out that option. The Nerve/Asshat decided at THREE O’CLOCK on Friday (our deadline) that my extremely exhausting profile story should actually be an article instead of bulleted profiles, and that I should have an intro to the whole three-issue article plan as well as an intro to this particular article, and then do sidebars with remaining information on each person. Miss Nobody said she could see the blood rising out of my collar and the whites of my eyes growing and growing. I couldn’t even hear what he was saying I was so mad, and I was thinking, "I wonder what would happen if I leapt across the table and slapped him across the mouth." So I’m still working on it, which sucks, because it consumed my life last week and I have two more stories exactly like it that I need to start on NEXT week. I do NOT get paid enough for this s***.

By the way, I gave up cursing for Lent and it's not making this any easier.

I have this sacred rule that there is no crying at work, but I swear I got so frustrated with The Nerve's lack of leadership/decision making/grasp on reality that I nearly put my head on my desk and broke down. Instead I went home and start drinking at 4:00. WHY do I have to make this an article??? WHY???? I TOLD Bob the week before that I wasn’t going to be able to rewrite this so we needed to DECIDE on a format.

Anyway, I have a job interview next Friday, and maybe I'll get the job and they'll pay me twice as much as I'm making now (easy since I make zip) and awesome vacation and benefits and I'll actually be able to do grownup things like save and invest so someday my hypothetical children can live in a house that is not in a subdivided neighborhood. WHOOPEE!

No comments: