Monday, February 28, 2005

Poor Architecture Stud

A.S. has the barfing flu. Is there anything worse? He called me from the bathroom floor last night, begging for help. So after I emerged from my warm cocoon of down and wooly socks (post-fox hunting thaw-out nap... so delicious) and went over to ply him with Gatorade and pat-pats, there-there's.

Isn't it weird how whenever you're sick, you revert to things your mom always did to make you feel better? Chicken noodle soup is so nauseating and slimy, so in my family, Momma always got gingerale and lime sherbert, and those two things always work. A.S.'s mom did beef boullion, so he wanted that especially. And if my stomach hurt, my mom said to lie on my tummy till it felt better. My ex's mom said to pull your knees up to your chin, but the psychological impact is just not there for me. It only works if your own mom tells you to do it. What did everyone else's mom recommend?

The Lacto Pescetarian neighbor (I've got to come up with a new name for you) said she had an evil boyfriend who never took care of her when she was sick. She would call him from her deathbed for gingerale and stuff, and she'd have to look sharp for the darting hand as it cracked the door and threw in a bunch of medicine and juice. And she'd call him back and say, "I'm lonely.... come over." And he'd crack the door again and throw in a shirt and say, "Here, smell this." Reason number 40024 why it would be easier to be a lesbian.

6 comments:

Alexandrialeigh said...

OMG, you just texted me and said that you ran out of gas on your way to take pictures at a council meeting, and I'm horrified for you but also chuckling a little to myself. Forgive me.

(snort)

I can't WAIT to read the post about this experience!

horse charms said...

Hello Jemima, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title Poor Architecture Stud. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse home decor related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse home decor related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse home decor. Thank you and I wish you well .

plush breyer said...

Hello Jemima, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title Poor Architecture Stud. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse bracelets related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse bracelets related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse bracelets. Thank you and I wish you well .

horse bracelets said...

Jemima GREAT title Poor Architecture Stud. I am actually looking for plush breyer related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other plush breyer related blogs. Thank you.

plush breyer said...

Hello Jemima, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title Poor Architecture Stud. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse bracelets related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse bracelets related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse bracelets. Thank you and I wish you well .

plush breyer said...

Jemima GREAT title Poor Architecture Stud. I am actually looking for horse charms related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other horse charms related blogs. Thank you.