Monday, February 14, 2005

man stuff

A.S. arrived at my door this morning (as my dog was taking a tail-quivering dump in the front yard, I was disposing of aforementioned mussel remains in the trash and depositing smelly wine bottles from the party, and I was all sweaty from running with Miss Nobody... i.e. not at my best) with a Valentine's present. I told him I would wait to open it until I can give him his tonight. Which means, when I have BOUGHT him a present. So of course I peeked at it, and it's really really nice- a 45-minute massage at a very posh spa here in town. That more than makes up for the REVOLTING bracelet he bought me last year. And I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but it was disgusting. I may need to post a photo of it in all its heinousness. A) I don't wear bracelets, watches or anything else on my wrist. B) It was brass. C) Brass turns my arm green. D) It had flat stones invarying hues of green and grey. And I do not mean precious stones. Just... stones. It looks like something a blind woman in Miami would wear.

Anyway, what do I get him? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? I was thinking a really good jazzy-bluesy-funk CD (think Tina Turner's "I Can't Stand the Rain" type music) with some man-smelling massage oil. Rowr! Two people have recommended the Garden State soundtrack. Any suggestions? Anyone? I'm begging you, people.

No comments: