Wednesday, February 02, 2005

hooky

I played hooky from work yesterday and went fox hunting instead. God, it was fantastic to be on a horse again, and galloping through the woods and jumping everything in sight. Actually, this douchebag in front of me kept letting his horse run out on all the fences, so I gave him serious stinkeye and passed him. Hell, I've had my colors since I was eleven, so he can just deal.

So the hunt secretary said she'd give me a pro-rated membership deal, although I don't know if I can afford even that. I hate being poor. I had to spend 100 freaking dollars on a new helmet yesterday, which is so unsatisfying... kind of like buying a new mop. It's a nice one, and will go a long way towards making my dad happy about my riding again. He never used to worry about my falling off (maybe because I never did), but since the accident two years ago, he hates the idea of me being on a horse. It's kind of endearing in a way, because he's not much of a worrier.

I have GOT to get off my butt and do more freelance writing, because I have all these great ideas that I have been sitting on for FOREVER and there's no excuse for it. I wish I could take a week off work and save up my inspiration, but in all likelihood, I'd just fritter the time away cleaning the oven or napping. Also, good news: my editor wants me to cover more public policy type stories, which I love. Hooray!

1 comment:

Pink Lemonade Diva said...

There's nothing better than a good personal day to get you back on track. May the freelance writing be your next step!