Monday, January 10, 2005

scary details

All the cleanse research I've done recommends this bentonite clay and flax seed, plus eating a bunch of fiber. That seemed sort of natural. And you have to eat stuff like artichokes and beets and milk thistle to help your liver. But I found this cleanse "system" at Whole Foods with a lot of the same stuff in it.

You know, I have never really had any issues with my GI tract. This storebought thing does have a whole laxative thing and I don’t really know if I want to start messing around with what ain’t broke. I don’t want to have to take fiber or something for the rest of my life. I’m scared.

But I got the clay thing that seems less harsh and more toxin removing/less laxative. Maybe I should just take that instead? I just don’t know if the cleanse will work properly without doing all of it. The stuff I read about advised eating lots of vegetables and taking flax seed oil, which should keep you from getting backed up because of the clay. F***ing hell. This is all too complicated.

No comments: