Friday, January 07, 2005

Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.

As one of my (many) New Years Resolutions, I resolved to take better care of my health, starting with doing a cleanse and detox.

Here are the rules: An Ayurvedic cleanse and rejuvenation, called Pancha Karma, prolongs life and health, by removing physical impurities, bringing awareness to destructive thoughts and behaviors, and releasing old patterns. Most people will experience some withdrawal symptoms, such as headache, tiredness, fever, irritability, hunger, and body aches. For several days to a week before the fast, avoid the following foods: processed foods and junk food, caffeine, sugar, alcohol, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, dairy, wheat, meat

Day One: My office stinks. Maybe my cleanse is making me more sensitive to smells- which is bad because my olfactory senses are already freakish.

Day Two: I wonder why I’m THIS tired. I ate great stuff yesterday, although forgetting my veg snacks was a pain in the ass. And I should be over the caffeine thing by now, right? God, the flash headaches are a drag.


No comments: